The National Network of Local Action Groups in the Czech Republic civic association (NN LAG CR) was founded at the beginning of April 2007, while the network itself had been established as early as in November 2005 as a informal grouping of Local Action Groups called “The National Rural Development Network”.
The objective of the NN LAG CR is first and foremost to support the activities of Local Action Groups, to promote their cooperation and transfer of experience.
The activities of the network are managed by the Committee made up of 13 members representing the Local Action Groups coming from individual regions. The NN LAG CR cooperates as a partner with other institutions involved in rural development activities.
At the European Conference on Rural Areas held in Tepl from 2 to 6 November 2005 the National Rural Development Network was established, an informal grouping of Local Action Groups under the auspices of the newly founded National Rural Observatory, the public benefit association. A year later, its members together with other LAGs decided to institutionalise this grouping and thus on 12 April 2007 the civic association called the NN LAG CRwas established.
The objectives of the NN LAG CR are the following:
- to improve the quality of life in rural areas through continuous and integrated local development,
- to ensure reciprocal transfer of knowledge and experience between the individual members of the network and through the cooperation with the EU Member States and their LAGs,
- to encourage the cooperation with other countries that are ready to apply the LEADER approach in their rural areas.
The main tasks of the NN LAG CR are the following:
- to represent the LAGs at meetings with state and professional authorities,
- to create environment for cooperation and mutual assistance, sharing experience between LAGs and examples of good practice,
- to promote and give publicity to LAGs activities,
- to provide their partners with ideas as to the focus of their professional activities,
- to hold every year the national conference of LAGs together with the annual assembly of the NLAGN of the CR members and programme oriented discussion,
- to cooperate with other institutions operating in rural areas,
- to support and develop the cooperation and partnership between rural population and farmers.
Thanks to the strong representation of LAGs, the National Network associates all the major players involved in rural development at local level and is a partner for the talks with state institutions (ministries, regional authorities…) and other national organisations (Agrarian Chamber, Association for Rural Renewal, etc).
In the early beginnings of its existence the network established contacts with the European LEADER Association for Rural Development (ELARD) and other similar organisations in Europe.
We believe that the activities of the NN LAG CR will bring about the extension, quality improvement and better visibility of the LEADER approach in the development of rural areas of the Czech Republic, contribute to the establishment of multiple new contacts at the regional, national and international level and facilitate the development of a number of successful projects.